I’m always looking for a refreshing summer treat that is easy to prepare and will please a crowd. Enter: Berry Cherry Lemonade Popsicles. These are super easy to make and are perfect to enjoy at any time of the summer day – after dinner, in the middle of a hot day or just as a snack to stay hydrated!
The color on these is beautiful with the fresh cherries and blueberries, and the flavor is spot on with the zest of the lemon juice and the tartness of the cherries and berries. These Berry Cherry Lemonade Popsicles are a healthy alternative to ice cream and skip all the added sugar like the ones at the grocery store in the freezer aisle.
I get SO excited when fresh cherries hit the produce section in the summer. They’re such a great snack and have so many additional health benefits:
- Improve your sleep as they contain Melatonin – an antioxidant that helps to regulate your sleep cycle
- Super source of antioxidants
- Promote bone health
- Source of fiber
- Ease arthritis pain by reducing inflammation
- Lower your risk of stroke
Berry Cherry Lemonade Popsicles
- 1 cup pitted fresh cherries
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Blender/Food Processor
- Popsicle Mold
- Gather your supplies and wash your fruit.
- Pit the cherries and add them to the blender with the blueberries, honey, lemon and ice cubes.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the popsicle molds.
- Freeze for at least 5 hours, but overnight is best.
- When ready to eat – dip the bottoms of the molds in a sink full of hot water for a few seconds to release the popsicles and ENJOY!
TIP: If your mixture appears to be a little too thin to pour easily into the molds, you can add a little fruit juice or coconut water to make for easy pouring.