This is a super-simple recipe for homemade banana bread, which never fails and will leave you coming back for more. The recipe is so easy to follow, and the best part is that you don’t need to use an electric mixer or any special kitchen equipment! All you need is a mixing bowl, and a wooden spoon to get the job done here.
Adapted from Epicurious
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175°C).
- Using a wooden spoon, mix the melted butter into the mashed bananas inside a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the top and mix them both in.
- Lastly, add the flour and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 4×8 inch loaf pan and bake for 1 hour, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Slice this delicious homemade banana bread and enjoy for breakfast, or be truly indulgent and top with cream cheese frosting for dessert.
Pro Tip: Store your perfectly-ripe bananas in the freezer, so you have them on hand whenever you want to make banana bread! Just pull them from the freezer and let them thaw for an hour (or speed that process up in the microwave) and they’ll be ready to mix into your banana bread.